Monday, June 27, 2011

Perfect.Weekend!

This weekend I had Shane all to myself and I loved every second of it!
As you know last weekend we got married and had an absolutely perfect wedding, but we barely got to hangout!
So this weekend def. made up for it!
Friday night we did a little shopping and just took it easy.
Saturday morning we were determined to sleep in! Well, we tried. 7am is a little later than what we are used to.
Once I woke up Shane kept asking me what I wanted for breakfast, then I was told to stay in bed and he would take care of everything! Woohoo!! This has never happened! I'm usually the one up and making breakfast! So about an hour later, the sweet husband brought me a plate...
Omelet, toast, turkey bacon, grapes and leftover jambalaya! haha!! It was delicious!! And he didn't make a mess which was the best part!!

Then we decided to slowly get ready and find something to do for the day. While I was getting ready, Shane found online, a chili cookoff in Ocean Beach, CA.

Not only was it a cookoff but it was also the Ocean Beach fair! Even after the huge breakfast, I was ready for some fair food!!!
I was not disappointed whatsoever!
They had the cutest and weirdest things! Along with some odd people!
If you love to people watch, come to California! There sure are some CRAZY people out here!

After splitting a BBQ sandwich, we needed something sweet so we checked out everything on the food row and found BEIGNETS!!! We love BEIGNETS! Then we saw they had deep friend oreos, which I had never tried before so of course we had to test them out!!
The spread of fried deliciousness! :)
Happy happy couple! haha!
Yes, out of focus, but it is seriously HEAVEN in your mouth!! I will have to stay FAR, FAR, away from these, if I want to stay somewhat thin!
Chili cookoff...just seems weird on the beach...but it was lots of fun!

Shane and I have become very interested in (O.N.E.) coconut milk/water and drinking it instead of sports drinks,(less calories, lots of vitamins, high in iron) so when we saw the coconut, we just HAD to try that too! haha! It was pretty good!
(my nails still looking pretty good after 1 1/2 weeks)

Enjoying my coconut.
I promise he is having a good time! It was his idea in the first place!
We just loved this Harley riding dog!
Mississippi style cooking, all the way in California!!
By this time we were so stuffed and were not able to try the Mississippi style cookin! :(
We did buy something other than food! I did get this precious purse! I just love it!!
I am so weird, I hate birds and am slightly afraid of them, but I love them on fabric!!
I love these trees too! Good climbing trees!!

After the fair we drove up to La Jolla to see if we could see where they are filming, MTV's Real World San Diego. But were disappointed....didn't see a thing.

We decided to eat, AGAIN, and found a not so cool restaurant called the Bourbon Street Bar & Grill...
Once we sat down at our table, Shane kept looking around and making an odd face then told me to check things out and yea...we ended up in the predominatly gay pride part of town!! It was hilarious!! The food and beer was tasty...and it was definately a different experience, and I loved it! You are supposed to get out of your comfort zone and experience something new every now and then!

Sunday, Shane took me to a 50s diner, like the one off of Pulp Fiction, then we went to the movies and saw Bridesmaids. Yep, this weekend was all about me... I am already spoiled and am told daily that I better not get used to it! haha!
**I had to share this picture with you because this guy used to make fun of me for being on my iPhone all the time and well...now he is addicted to his! (Thank you for my new iPhone 4 baby!)
Shane, Thank you for such a wonderful weekend!! I love you soo much!!! You mean so much to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment